Call for papers: Special issue of the Semantic Web Journal on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems
Call for papers: Special issue of the Semantic Web Journal on
WEB REASONING AND RULE SYSTEMS
On the occasion of the 7th International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR 2013), this special issue will collect contributions on the major topics discussed at the conference, which include original research from all areas of Web Reasoning, with an emphasis on combinations with Rule Systems.
Submissions may include, but are not restricted to, extended RR 2013 conference papers.
Topics of particular interest are:
* Semantic Web, Rule and Ontology Languages, and related logics
* Reasoning, Querying, Searching and Optimization
* Incompleteness, Inconsistency and Uncertainty
* Non-monotonic, Commonsense, and Closed-World Reasoning for the Web
* Dynamic information, Stream Reasoning and Complex Event Processing
* Decision Making, Planning, and Intelligent Agents
* Reasoning, Machine Learning, Knowledge Extraction and IR Technologies
* Large-scale data management and reasoning on the Web of Data
* Data Integration, Dataspaces and Ontology-Based Data Access
* Non-Standard Reasoning
* Algorithms for distributed, parallelized, and scalable reasoning
* System Descriptions and Experimentation
* Application and Experience Papers
Deadline: December 15, 2013
Submissions shall be made through the Semantic Web journal website at http://www.semantic-web-journal.net. Note that you need to request an account on the website for submitting a paper. Please indicate in the cover letter that it is for the "Web Reasoning and Rule Systems"
Submissions are possible in all standing paper type of the journal, see http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/authors for descriptions: full research papers, surveys, linked dataset descriptions, ontology descriptions, application reports, tool/systems reports.
Wolfgang Faber, University of Calabria, Italy, and University of Huddersfield, UK
Domenico Lembo, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
The editors can be reached by emailing email@example.com .
Guest Editorial Board
The following list is subject to extension.
Leopoldo Bertossi, Carleton University, Canada
Francois Bry, University of Munich, Germany
Claudia d'Amato, University of Bari, Italy
Michael Fink, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Sergio Flesca, University of Calabria, Italy
Gerhard Friedrich, Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt, Austria
Stijn Heymans, SRI International, Menlo Park, USA
Roman Kontchakov, Birkbeck College, UK
Manolis Koubarakis, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Marie-Laure Mugnier, LIRMM (CNRS - UM2), France
Umberto Straccia, ISTI-CNR, Italy
Ivan Varzinczak, CSIR Meraka Institute, South Africa